At Midnight Sun Tanning Studio we have many sun units to customize your indoor sun experience. Other salons may cut costs by trying to extend the life of their sun lamps, but at Midnight Sun Tanning Studio we CHANGE our lamps long before the manufacturers recommended life to ensure that our clients receive the maximum benefit and results from each session. Skin type 1 clients should only spray tan.
Spray tanning is a form of self tanning (or sunless tanning) where a fine mist is sprayed onto your body.
This mist has an ingredient in it called Dihydroxyacetone (DHA) that interacts with your own skin’s chemistry to turn it tan, or bronze.
This temporary effect generally lasts from 3-7 days and is completely safe for your skin (although it doesn’t provide any protection against the sun’s rays).
Before you arrive at the studio for your spray tan, here’s a few tips you should follow to ensure that you get an even, beautiful tan.
- Make sure you shave or wax the day before your appointment.
- Be sure to exfoliate your skin the day before your appointment. Baking soda is a fantastic exfoliant. Whatever you use ensure that you really rinse well and remove all residue.
- Ensure your skin is free of moisturizers, makeup, perfume and body sprays.
- Understand that you CANNOT get wet or sweat in any way for a minimum of 6 hours after your spray tan.
- Wear dark, loose comfortable clothing and leave jewellery at home if you can.
- After the 6 hour processing time you are free to shower. Results will last longer if you shower with warm water instead of hot, do not rub your skin, pat dry and apply a moisturizer after every shower.
- Hot tubs, swimming pools and oceans containing chlorine, bromine or salt can shorten the life of your spray tan.
- You will generally see results starting in as little as one hour after your spray